Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Previous Blog Continued...

Each little cupcake had either the girls’ name on it or initial, or something reflecting them. They were definitely a hit at the BBQ!

Saturday morning we all woke up early for the walk. It was a beautiful day out! Our team raised $11,850 for the March of Dimes in memory of my Taylor and Riley. It was the most money any family team has raised in their 25 year history!! We were very proud about that and know that it was all contributed due to the love everyone has for my daughters!

Our team looked so good coming out in their pink and green!! Billy and I had a ton of support. All of our family and friends took the time to come walk for all babies that are born premature and most importantly, for my babies.

Our team took home 3 awards! Family Rookie of the Year, best t-shirt, and Top Family Team.

Saturday was hard to do, especially so soon, but we got through it. It was amazing how many other families were out there walking in their child’s memory. I also looked around at all of the kids there, some of them being premature. It was like you could tell which ones were, and I just felt so bad for them and their family. Some families had to spend months in the NICU and the outcome turned out for the worst. I couldn’t imagine suffering like that and even more I couldn’t imagine seeing my girls suffer like that.

Sunday Billy and I spent the day with his family. His aunt and cousin drove down from VA to walk for the girls. It was nice having them there and hanging out.

Monday morning my phone rang at 6am. It was my MIL calling very upset, she was taking my SIL to the hospital bc she was bleeding and having slight contractions. Michelle is only 18 weeks pregnant. Billy and I jumped out of bed immediately and had to relive our day all over again. Thank GOD the outcome was different. Michelle and the baby will be fine. The dr put her on some meds to slow her contractions and to calm everything down. The first shirt I grabbed was the pink shirt I had made for the girls. I thought about it, and thought maybe that wasn’t such a good idea to wear that. The first shirt my husband grabbed was the same shirt he wore the day I had the girls. Of course, he put it back and got a different shirt.

Walking in to that hospital was very hard, and very scary. Sitting and waiting was the worst. Thank goodness we did not spend all day there, and thank God my unborn nephew is ok.

Friday marked 3 months. Its amazing how time flies. It feels to me that it was just yesterday all of this happened. I got my medical records and reading them was very hard for me. This whole time I thought that the dr was able to get me 0+ blood for my transfusions, but after reading the report, they couldn’t get it in time, so they had to give me trauma blood for my first 2 transfusions… I am thankful my body accepted it. Reading these things makes it more real what actually went down that day… makes it hard to accept.

My new friend, Heather called me Friday morning just to tell me she was thinking of me. She came to the walk to support my babies, and hers. She had a daughter, Abby, in November. Abby was not premature like my girls, everything was fine and she went to the dr waiting for the few days her little Abby would enter this world, and there was no heart beat. Poor Heather, poor Abby. I am happy I met her. Its nice to talk to other moms and especially a mom that has lost her child a few months before I lost my girls. No one knows what we are going through unless they have walked in our shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment