This past week has been a real struggle. Completely full of anxiety, but thank God- we have passed our first milestone!!
Last Tuesday, October 19, Billy and I went for my weekly follow up. I was exactly 21 weeks. The sonogram began and my hansome little man was moving around like always! Well, where his head was positioned was blocking my cervix, so my sonographer was trying to wait for him to move so she could get a good cervical length. In the process of that she began to tell me that she had to wait a minute because I was having a little contraction. CONTRACTION!!! Billy and I both looked at each other in a panic-- can i remind you that i went in to labor with my daughters at 21 weeks and 6 days, so we were coming up to that milestone again. Hearing that I was having a contraction freaked us out, but then we were told that EVERYONE gets contractions every now and then, so this was completely normal. As long as I wasnt having too many an hour I was fine. Well, then she got a good cervical length and in 5 days my cervical length went from a 4.3cm to a 3.8 cm. Once again we were told that this was a safe measurement, but to Billy and I - who are already on edge- hearing that I was having a contraction and then taht my cervix shortened by 0.5cm in 5 days freaked us out.
My doctor had switched days with the other doctor in the office so we didnt get to see Dr P. The doctor we trust and love. Let me just say that we trust the entire practice, but to us we seek comfort in our dr. After the appointment, I left in tears. Billy had to rush to a meeting for work, and was on edge as well. I got in my car and immediately called my sister. I explained to her how the doctor said it was ok, but I was still scared/nervous. Jen kept trying to push me to call Dr P. As she said, yes the other doctor was aware of my previous situation/loss, but Dr P knows everything about me and what happened bc he was there. I gave in and called Dr P just to run everything by him. He went in to the office and looked at my ultrasound and confirmed that everything looked normal. That helped a lot hearing it from him, but we are still scared/nervous.
Saturday night/Sunday morning was that day" in my pregnancy. Billy and I were so nervous. I was up all night. I was constantly making bathroom trips to make sure there was no blood or anything different. Thankfully there wasnt any. I woke up Sunday and was still a little on edge. I went to breakfast with my husband, went to my niece's birthday party, and was home by 3-4 and just laid on the couch all day trying to relax.
Thankfully all is still looking good. I feel my little man kicking/moving around all the time. its so cute! he Loves moving at night and early in the morning. He is going to be one very active child!!
We ordered his dresser, crib and mattress and so far the mattress and dresser have come in.. now we are just waiting on his crib, that should be here today or tomorrow!!
We have 15 more weeks until my stitch comes out!!! and then after that Baby Billy is safe to come anytime!! We are thinking our baby boy will be here sometime mid February!
My next appointment is on Thursday-- will keep ya posted on how that goes.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment