Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Night in the hospital...

This past week all had been going good. I was 25 weeks on Tuesday and Billy and I were getting a little more less nervous and confident in not delivering within the next 3 months. We had our 25 week appointment and our son couldnt be any healthier! He is growing a lot and moving just as much. It was cute, the sonographer was trying to get him to move his head so she could get an accurate measurement for my cervix. Lately, he has been laying right on my cervix, so it has been a challenge getting him to move away from it. Well the sonographer starting poking my belly to try and get him to move... 3 did not like that and as soon as she moved her hand he took one big pucbh/kick! It was funny!

I feel him moving ALL of the time! I love it!

My cervix was measuring between a 3.55-3.8cm at 25 weeks, which is shorter than usual, but well within a comfortable length. Usually they like a cervix to be within 3-5cm. So yes, it did shorten, but we were ok with that bc we knew the last time it shortened it went back up in length a week later.

well Saturday was a big game for the Bulls and was also a friend of ours wedding. Billy told me that morning he didnt feel comfortable with me going to both and that he just had a bad feeling. I knew how much he wanted to go to the game, and since I would be sitting the entire time, I honestly thought I would be fine.

We went to the game and I had absolutley no complications. We sat with some friends and 3 was just kicking away. I was telling our friend Joe to watch my belly bc he would be able to see 3 moving, he didnt believe it and all of a sudden 3 did one Large movement and my entire stomach moved. The expression on Joe's face was priceless!!

After the game we changed and went straight to the wedding. At around 7 I started to have a sharp pain in my side. It was REALLY uncomfortable. I told Billy we needed to leave right away bc I needed to lay down and call my Dr. And so it started, "I told you I didnt have a good feeling about today..."

I called Dr P and he suggested I take 2 Tylenol and lay down. He said the pain sounded like round ligament pain. Of course, if you know me at all, you know that I refuse to take any type of medicine while being pregnant. I just worry about the potential side effects on my child later on in life. I layed down and started to Google round ligament pain. Most of what I read said it would feel like what I felt, however said it starts in the groin up to the top of my hip. I had no pain in my groin, just in that one spot. Another thing it said was that the pain should last no longer than a few seconds. My pain was constant. It hurt to breath, hurt to touch, hurt to move.

I called Dr P and told him I had a bad feeling and just felt like I needed to be seen. I told him we were on our way to the hospital. He said he would meet me there and he would call to let them know i was coming.

Pulling up to that same hospital in an emergency situation was HORRIBLE. Billy was having flashbacks from that day with Taylor and Riley, i was too. I walked in to the hospital the same way, cramping, hunched over. The security guard put me in the wheelchair and we took off to the 3rd floor. I felt so bad for my husband. He was so nervous, and I was too.. but inside I had a feeling all would be ok.

I went in and they hooked me up to the monitors. I asked if I had any contractions and the nurse said "Yes". Then another nurse came in with a cart and an IV bag. I asked what that was for and she told me it was bc I was contracting. She turned the monitor so I could see and I was having a TON of contractions... Large contractions... I am not supposed to have more than 4-6 contractions an hour-- I was having 4-6 every 10-15 minutes. Right then my eyes filled up with tears and I lost it. I was so scared. My husband just kept talking to me, he kept saying it would all be ok, but neither one of us knew that for sure.

My doctor came in about the same time as the sonographer. They elevated my cervix and my cervical length was longer than it ever had been, 5cm! That meant I was not in labor!!!!! However, they needed to slow my contractions so it didnt change my cervix and put me into labor.

I was told Id be staying over night to monitor me and give me more IVs. It appeared I was just way dehydrated.

Before I knew it, my room was filled!! My parents came, Billys boss came, Joel and Ashley came.. and many more people were calling to see if they should come. I had no idea how anyone, other than my parents and Billys, even knew I was there. I guess Billy had texted them. Billy's parents were on stand-by in case they needed to be on a plane! Thankfully, it didnt come down to that.

After 2 bags of IVs my contractions slowed, and then eventually stopped.

Billy went home while my parents stayed with me so he could get me my girls toys. He knew I needed them. Theres no way I would have been able to sleep a night without my girls toys. I hadnt slept without them since their birth.

The next morning I still had a few contractions, but not as large and not as many.

Dr P came in and said that all looked good, that I just needed to take it easy. He said I will more than likely have more contractions, and the further along I get the more I will have, but as long as I dont have any cervical change I would be ok.

I have been placed on bed rest until I see him again. My appt is tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well.

Ive been home all day, and my husband has been taking awesome care of me!! Im so thankful to have him.

My dr is pretty optimistic that I will not be going in to labor anytime soon, and he thinks I will go full term, so praying for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment