Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

September 15

September 15, 2010

I started off this morning to a great start. I woke up and headed off to the doctor for my 16 week cerclage check. Unfortunately, Billy was out of town for work, so he was unable to come with me, but my sister, Courtney, was able to come! I’m scared to go alone. Billy has been at every single appointment with me up until today. He was also at all of Taylor and Riley’s appointments except for one.

I was sick one day, and felt horrible so the doctor had me come in to do a check up, so the actual appointment that time really was not scheduled and didn’t have anything to do with Taylor and Riley per say, it was more them making sure I didn’t need to be on antibiotics or what not for my cold. Well, this was the ONLY time Billy had not been with me, and when I went in, as they went to check the girls heart beats, they only found one. I absolutely panicked! So now, I’m scared to go alone for fear of something like that happening again and me being alone. Well eventually they were able to find the second heart beat, but still those few minutes were just horrible.

Well, today Courtney came with me and of course the second I left the appointment my first phone call was to Billy to give him an update!

3 is one very healthy baby boy! He was VERY active today, moving all around! His heart rate was 147; which is good. They did a quick glimpse and it looked like everything was in the right place and fully functioning. We do a complete anatomy check up at our next appointment in 2 weeks. He was SO CUTE and it looked like he was chewing and blowing kisses.  One happy baby boy. It was hard to get a good picture this time because he was so active, but we did manage to get a few! The sonographer got one AWESOME shot of one of his little feet. It is so adorable!! We also got a few of his head and body, his face, and of his “male parts”.

The doctor brought up another option Billy and I may want to seek, Progesterone shots. This is a shot that I would have to take EVERY WEEK starting at 20 weeks up until 37 weeks. Studies show that these shots MAY help reduce the chance of preterm labor. The doctor, however, did remind me that my circumstances are different this time: I have a cerclage, I am being followed EXTREMELY closely, and there is only one baby this time. So far my cervix is looking healthy, measured 4.7 today and my stitch is holding firm. I read on the March of Dimes web page that these shots have not proven to have any short term side effects on the baby (for up to 2 years of age) but they don’t have any studies to show any long term side effects… so you never know if these shots could effect 3 in the future. Many women have taken these shots and I was reading one blog where a lady said she took them and it prolonged her labor, however she still delivered preterm @ 30 something weeks. I haven’t seen anywhere where someone has taken the shots and has had a cerclage. We still have 4 weeks to decide on this, it was just an option we have, not necessarily a recommendation. Any opinions on what you would do?! Im so scared of effecting 3, and the way I am seeing it is my doctor is already following me SO close, that I feel if things do turn for the worst, we will be able to catch it in time this time, but then again you never know.

Dr P also said that beginning 20 weeks, I won’t be able to travel or go really anywhere that’s too far from him. Not that I would anyway, and even if I did, not that Billy would let me!! At 20 weeks I will be monitored even more and will more than likely be moving from bi-weekly visits to weekly visits. But that’s fine with me because I LOVE seeing my lil man grow!

Well that’s about it on todays visit to the doctor… Im hoping I will start feeling my lil boy moving real soon! I read that you can start feeling your baby as early as 16 weeks and each pregnancy you can feel movement sooner. I remember I really didn’t start feeling Taylor and Riley until later in my pregnancy, but maybe since this is my second pregnancy ill be feeling him move earlier on? Ill keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment